MoMmY Lei ss_blog_claim=913025a03411326416d1f2daa1a8f71b ss_blog_claim=913025a03411326416d1f2daa1a8f71b
MoMmY Lei

Jun 23, 2004

#7 - BALUT

"Balut Penoy, bili na kyo ng itlog na balut…"

Have you taste this food? I'm sure some of you didn’t like it!!!

Anyway, I remember this song when I ate Balut last night! Yup, Balut (duck's egg), the famous yukkky food in FEAR FACTOR. Imagine that!!!

I don’t eat Balut before. But when I taste it….hmmm…yummy…HEHEHE….

Thanks to my college friend Carol, the one who forced me to try it. I still remember my first bite…=) It happened during one of our thesis nights at Kaycee's place. It was 2:00 AM when Carol got hungry and she asked me to join her to ransack Kaycee's kitchen. So we went to the kitchen and found Balut at the table. Carol knew that I don’t eat Balut but she told me to try it. She said that in order to enjoy eating Balut, it should be eaten in the dark place in order not to see the duckling. So we turn off the light and ALAS!... it's yummy.

It's yummier when you put Vinegar and Salt. It was MAE and ONAT who told me that...right MAE! I miss those nights when ONAT would come to our house and will buy BALUT for me and PENOY for MAE with matching vinegar, salt and Coke. Mae was so shocked when she learned that I ate BALUT in the dark... hahaha.

So for those of you who haven’t taste it …AHHGGG….you'll miss something….right GLEN!!!

 

:: Posted by Mmy-Lei :: 22:51 :: # :: 0 Comments:

Post your comments...




~~~~oo~~oo~~::>>Mmy-Lei<<::~~oo~~oo~~~~