MoMmY Lei ss_blog_claim=913025a03411326416d1f2daa1a8f71b ss_blog_claim=913025a03411326416d1f2daa1a8f71b
MoMmY Lei

Jul 8, 2004

#12 - Blue-Collar

It's Thursday, the temperature is 43 degrees hot, and I was thankful that we are half day today.

Well, as my thoughts were busily flying across the blue skies and dreaming of something, I noticed the people around my place. These people were busily working and I was awesome how can they stand to work under the blazing heat! I was guilty for some time. I am stuck in a room with lots of water and good temperature whilst these people were prolifically working outside.

The thought of their hard works and skills in order to finish one activity is remarkable. Even though that these people were really hired for this kind of project, it made me wondered if they are well compensated.

Construction Work is very tough job. Workers should be physically fit! I know that these people were already used to this kind of temperature back in their country, it still makes me think how they can work under the heat. Never mind the smell and looks they have, but the strength and stamina they possess for this kind of job is astounding. We all knew that the Engineers/Project Managers in a construction site are the brains in every project. Once they finished the project, praise and appreciation will be heard but what about the laborers, the one who do the dirty jobs? After paying them (I don’t know if they give thanks to the laborers), it's bye bye now? The laborers are not even invited for the ground breaking of the project. How cruel!!!

I remember an episode in a News Program back home, a man made a forced entry in one of the newest Building in Makati (I will not mention the name of the building). The reason - the man was one of the laborers of that building. He wanted to see and check the building where he believed he contributed to make it beautiful. The guard didn’t let him in since the man cannot give an ID and he's wearing a slipper. The output – the man got the attention of the media and it was broadcasted in the local news. I don’t know what happened next!

Just a thought! What would happen if these blue-collar people don't exist?

--
"We are all EQUAL in the eyes of our CREATOR"


 

:: Posted by Mmy-Lei :: 01:19 :: # ::


~~~~oo~~oo~~::>>Mmy-Lei<<::~~oo~~oo~~~~