MoMmY Lei ss_blog_claim=913025a03411326416d1f2daa1a8f71b ss_blog_claim=913025a03411326416d1f2daa1a8f71b
MoMmY Lei

Oct 10, 2004

#43 - Pink Awareness Month



October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

You can see PINK ribbon in newspapers, posters, stores and malls, encouraging every female to participate and be aware of this disease. As I was strolling at the mall, I came across to this Poster called Pink Marathon (Oct. 8). Proceeds will go to the Breast Cancer Organization and urges every female to participate. I would really like to join and participate if only I haven’t made a promised to a good friend. Oh, well, maybe there is still some other way I could participate in this kind of organization.

I'm glad that organizations like this are in full swing to inform everyone about this disease.

Year 1999 when I had my first Breast Cyst Operation.

No one in my family knew about my situation, I only confided to few trusted friends. Good thing was I already living alone, away from my family when this thing happened to me. So I'm all alone going in and out of the hospital (Check-up, mammograms, consultation, operation and even payments). I was forced to hide this from my family because that year we had problems with my dad's health, which is diabetes and my sister-in-law, BREAST CANCER.

Now, I regularly do Breast Self-Exam (BSE) especially every 5th day of my first menstruation every month.

Year 2000 when my sister-in-law died of Breast Cancer. Her situation is different from my story. She already noticed an abnormal lump on her breast after giving birth to her third child but because of fear and apprehension, she ignored it. For a year and half, she was hiding the pain from her husband and to us. Only last 1999 when she couldn’t hide it anymore and the cancer spreads to her body.

Maybe if she's brave enough to face the consequences, she could save her own life.

To all women, check regularly and if you noticed a lump, go and consult your doctor. DON’T BE AFRAID!!!

To the Guys, you think you are spared from this disease, think again...Breast Cancer also strike men, there is a total of 5% diagnosed male breast cancer as of today.


For more information visit the following sites:
http://health.yahoo.com/health/centers/breast_cancer/


http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org

--

 

:: Posted by Mmy-Lei :: 02:00 :: # :: 0 Comments:

Post your comments...




~~~~oo~~oo~~::>>Mmy-Lei<<::~~oo~~oo~~~~