MoMmY Lei ss_blog_claim=913025a03411326416d1f2daa1a8f71b ss_blog_claim=913025a03411326416d1f2daa1a8f71b
MoMmY Lei

Aug 6, 2006

#166 - Lets Get HIGH

Take nothing but pictures
Leave nothing but footprints
Kill nothing but Time.


If you're a mountaineer, you should know this oath!

My x-bf introduced me to climbing! So tiring yet fun but the adrenalin to continue did not pursue that time. Any activities that could hinder my studies were a BIG NO to my mom.

After years of being active in the water, I came back to climbing. A friend advised me that to cure a broken heart was to engage in sports, be active and get busy, so he invited me to join SIERA Friendship climb in Mt. Pinatubo. That event became a turning point in my climbing life. I retire from diving and concentrate on climbing. I met new friends and learned more about the mountains in my homeland. I learned to packed light, foods to prepare, the value of salt and jelly-ace, excersice/training before a major assault and was even introduce on more sports.

Mountains became our getaway during weekends. I became addicted but I won't enumerate how many mountains I climbed, how many times I stumbled, how many cigarettes I puffed on cold summits or campsite, how I got drunk on minor climbs and among other things. One thing I miss more, the camaraderie not only within my group but also to all climbers who I met along the trail or in the campsite.

As I ascend and descend the mountain, I learned to value things that I neglect in the city. I became aware of my environment, the local people and most of all, the HIGH feeling I cant explained reaching the summit, thanking God that I've made it!

Oh how I miss the mountains… and the climbers.




 

:: Posted by Mmy-Lei :: 05:48 :: # :: 37 Comments:

Post your comments...




~~~~oo~~oo~~::>>Mmy-Lei<<::~~oo~~oo~~~~