MoMmY Lei ss_blog_claim=913025a03411326416d1f2daa1a8f71b ss_blog_claim=913025a03411326416d1f2daa1a8f71b
MoMmY Lei

Dec 26, 2004

#68 - Christmas Hullabaloos

What a tremendous day for me!

For one, I received a news that my Aunt Edith (may God rest her soul), my mom's sister, died at exactly 12:00am, Christmas Day. I was disheartened about the news and I couldn’t help coz im here.

Then my friend Josie was pushed and slapped by her fellow colleague, a Syrian Male that resulted a bruises and swelling of her face. I rushed to her place upon learning of this commotion and urged her to report to the police. F*#^%@ that guy. He has no right to do that. I took some pictures of her bruises. At first, she was hesitating to complaint for her Manager told her not to make any move first and they will settle this. Time is running out, it's been 3 hours past the commotion and she didn’t heard anything from her Manager, besides she's complaining about the pain on her left pelvic. I dialed the police hotline and was able to talk to an officer who instructed me to go to this station and file the case. So, together with Hanin, we went to the Police station for a formal complain. They give us a form and send us to the government hospital for medical check-up. Hanin left us in the hospital for she has work in the afternoon. The nurses, x-ray technicians, guards and doctors of different nationalities were so accommodating except for one Filipina nurse who's so disappointing. It saddened us so much to think she's our kababayan. I was trying to keep myself cool for I knew Josie was counting on me during that time and she's still shivering from that situation.

After the check-up, we go back to the Police Station and wait. Again another crucial event for us, An officer told us to go back in the evening or the next day morning coz they were having a problem with the computer. Patience is not my virtue, I want it right now!!! Those words were freaking out in my mind and I wanted to blurt it out. What to do, what to do, we are in the foreign land. So we decided to go back to my friend's place and made her eat.

8:00pm - we were calling some friends who can understand and speak their language so that they will entertain us or anyone just to accompany us coz deep inside I don’t want to negotiate with the police officer but unfortunately no one is available. No choice!!!! We went back to the Police Station.

9:00pm - Josie, Ana and I reached the Police Station. One officer told us to wait at the waiting area. Tik tak, tik tak, it's getting late.

9:30pm - Josie texted her cousin in the US to get Mr. A mobile number. Tik tak, tik tak, it's getting late.

10:00pm - I called one officer for follow up. Another one came out from the office and told us to wait 5 minutes. We received a reply from her cousin and she called Mr. A and they talked. Josie was crying then when an officer with an interpreter approached us and said to come back in the morning coz they have problem in the computer and it was already 10:30pm. Tik tak, tik tak, it's really late.

Just think how long we waited there!


--
...and that's our Christmas Day.
 

:: Posted by Mmy-Lei :: 19:00 :: # :: 2 Comments:

Post your comments...




~~~~oo~~oo~~::>>Mmy-Lei<<::~~oo~~oo~~~~