MoMmY Lei ss_blog_claim=913025a03411326416d1f2daa1a8f71b ss_blog_claim=913025a03411326416d1f2daa1a8f71b
MoMmY Lei

Dec 11, 2004

#60 - Movies and Books

One thing I value reading my friend's blog were their reviews and comments on movies and books they have watched and read. This made me come back to reality. After adjusting my life here, I knew whom to contact regarding pirated movies. I even got addicted every night watching movies with matching chips and salsa/mayo. After a month of DVD galore, now i'm back at reading books.

I listed all the good books that I think worth reading from friend's reviews and comments and yesterday I purchased some of them plus some books of John Grisham and Michael Crichton. I got hooked up reading JG and MC's stuff since I enjoy reading detective/spy/courtroom novels of Sheldon, Ludlum, Cornwell, Seagal and among others. I started reading their staff only last year. Then I got disappointed when I couldn’t purchase the Da Vinci Code book coz English version is not yet available here. Arggh, this book is what I have been waiting for after a good reviews from Rors and Rins but i'm still hoping that I could get one before Christmas. Anyway, the sales clerk was so helpful on my inquiries and she told me to go back after a week plus I told her that I also want "When will Jesus bring the Pork Chops?". I also got a good review of this book from Chi. If only I could purchase a book in the net, hayyy…it's not easy to purchase a book from the net here, my big problem - the address or P.O. Box number and I wouldn’t dare to use our office number for some other reasons.

Lastnight I started reading JG's The Partner. I was so immersed on that book that I forgot the time. It's already 2:00am when I decided to put down the book and call it a night. I have work tomorrow. Bad Timing!!! But I couldn’t sleep! My mind is still on the book. Still thinking and concluding what will happen next on the main character. Hehehe, Silly of me!

Anyway, now that I have books waiting for me in my room, I can't wait to go back to my place and read.

--
Christmas Wish, hmmm, isn’t it obvious. =)
 

:: Posted by Mmy-Lei :: 01:07 :: # :: 3 Comments:

Post your comments...




~~~~oo~~oo~~::>>Mmy-Lei<<::~~oo~~oo~~~~