MoMmY Lei ss_blog_claim=913025a03411326416d1f2daa1a8f71b ss_blog_claim=913025a03411326416d1f2daa1a8f71b
MoMmY Lei

Apr 10, 2005

#99 - GK

It's 10:55pm here, my neighbors are driving me crazy and my headache is killing me. I slept early today but I woke up from ear-splitting noise. The usual, my door is vibrating from too much noise of my neighbor's home theater. Arrghhh, I cant go back to sleep!!!

I decided to read my new book but my headache got worse so I gave up. I must see an optometrist to recheck the grade of my eyes.

Then I check my emails, my blog and surf the net.

As I was browsing, I couldn’t help to go back to Gibran Kahlil's site eventhough it gives me creeps this morning when I check it out that today is his 74th Death Anniversary. What a freaking coincidence!

I got interested on him again. When my friend found out how addictive I was on books, he reminded me about GK works. He asked me if I heard or read his books. The name is familiar but I couldn’t figure out what type of an author he was. Then my friend shared about GK's life, works, books and painting. Until such time that he told me about GK's bestselling book "The Prophet" that I remember him. He was with me during my high school literature days. Now I remember how my teacher was nuts on his works (May their souls rest in peace) that she wanted us to memorized his prose. From GK's collection of poems, this is what I like most

"Love gives naught but itself, and takes naught from itself". The Prophet, GK



Now, I couldn’t wait for that book that my friend promised me.

Ouch!! It's creepy here. I better go back to my bed.

--

"I am a stranger to myself. I hear my tongue speak, but my ears find that voice strange. I may see my hidden self laughing, crying, defiant frightened, and thus does my being become enamored of my being and thus my soul begs my soul for explanation. But I remain unknown, hidden, shrouded in fog, veiled in silence."
- from The Poet, GK

"When love beckons to you, follow him,
Though his ways is hard and steep
And when hi wings unfold you, yield him.
Though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you,
And when he speaks to you believe in him
Though his voice may shatter your dreams
As the north winds lays waste the garden ."
- from The Prophet, GK
 

:: Posted by Mmy-Lei :: 23:02 :: # :: 5 Comments:

Post your comments...




~~~~oo~~oo~~::>>Mmy-Lei<<::~~oo~~oo~~~~